The International Technical Association for the Protection of the Neapolitan Mastiff (ATIMANA)
This page is underconstruction.... photos will be added shortly
The 1995 ATIMANA Championship was held in Contarina di Porto Viro, a small village south of Venice. The site was the splendid Hotel Villa Carrer- a rustic 200 year old villa built by the
Contarini family. Mr. Giorgio Stoppa (left) is now the proprietor. He was very attentive to all the needs of his guests. Mr. Ettore Crepaldi and his wife are pictured in the center. Mr. Crepaldi was a head organiser for the event. The president of ATIMANA, Mr. Giuseppe Alessandra is on the right.
Neapolitan Mastiffs came from Italy, Germany, France, Holland, Hungary, Spain, Portugal, and Russia.
A total of 115 Neapolitans were shown in 11 different groups:
- male puppys
- female puppys
- young males
- young females
- open males
- open females
- champion males
- champion female
- "fuori concorso maschi"
- "fuori concorso femmine"
The judges were as follows:
- Dr. Mario Perricone- Italy
- Prof. Jacques Becuve- France
- Dr. Michael Motzkus- Germany
And The Winners Were....
- Maciste (#19),16 month old owned by Luca Parravicini
- Carnera della Grotta Azzurra (#22), 15 month old owned by Patrizio De Vitale
- Ercole (#23) 15 month old owned by Paolo Albertelli
- Cesare della Zacchera (#27), 10 month old owned by Rossano Barani
- Rush (#54), 2 y.o. owned by Giovanni Basilicata
- Venafro di Ardea (#51) 3 y.o. owned by Ellen Hurbanova
- Ch. Int. Emir della Grotta Azzurra (#64), 4 y.o. owned by Andrea Spiriev
- Ulisse (#69), 2 y.o. owned by Giuliano Melzi
- Fonzo Du Pre Au Clair (#101), 5 y.o. owned by Albino Aiello
- Ercole della Grotta Azzurra (#103), 3 y.o. owned by Giusepppe Siano
- Isaia Di Viscalori (#104), 2 y.o. owned by Marco Capoquadri
- Turi Dei Guardiani del Volturno (#102), 6 y.o. owned by Domenico Letizia
Best of Breed Male:
- Fruit D' Amour Esperia (#33), 14 m.o. owned by Walt Weisse
- Crispina di Ardia (#32), 17 m.o. owned by Corrado Barani
- Fruit D' Amour Famosa (#39), 13 m.o. owned by Andrea Spiriev
- Ursela del Gheno (#37), 15 m.o. owned by Carmen del Gheno
- Furia (#78), 4 y.o. owned by Luigi Licoli
- Berenice (#84), 2 y.o. owned by Angelo Dolfi
- Quintiliana Della Zacchera (#79), 2 y.o. owned by Rossano Barani
- Rugiada of the Thatch Roof (#82), 2 y.o. owned by Theresia Becker
- Munacella (#106), 4 y.o. owned by Giovanni Basilicata
- Ch. Heredia Dupre' Au Clair (#108), 3 y.o.owned by J.P. Pini
- Ch. Sara Della Grotta Azzura (# 105), 3 y.o. owned by del Gheno
- Ch. Penelope Vilardo Arke' Kunon (#107), owned by All. Fossombrone
Best of Breed Female:
BEST IN SHOW:
Rush, son of Munacella
My apologies to those whose dogs I did not have time to photograph. If you have a photo of one of the dogs which I missed and would like to see it on the WWW, please send it to:
3230 Waring Ct., Ste. "C"
Oceanside, Ca. 92056
RETURN TO HOME PAGE?